2009 & 2011 EMHL CHAMPIONS

Sunday, February 8, 2015

#50in15

A challenge was made back in July. Score 50 goals in the 2015 EMHL this season and Team Visualeyes will don a new set of Zubaz jerseys. Some thought it was insane, down right impossible. Team V perennial point leader, Eric Schottke, has flirted with 40 goals in a season, even setting the league record back in 2012-13 with 37, but 50 goals in one campaign seemed like finding Sasquatch, the Loch-Ness Monster or the Tooth Fairy. Garren "Ranch-Hand" Reisweber thought differently.

#50in15
On Wednesday, February 4th, Reisweber accomplished the un-thinkable, scoring his 50th goal of the season in just his 20th game played, leading Team Visualeyes to a 9-4 victory over Lenox Grill with four goals and three assists. Reisweber's 84 points on the season (52-32) has shattered every Team Visualeyes' and EMHL single season scoring record, but after the feat, the Ranch-Hand spoke to a different tune while taking some time to clear his mind, prepare for the playoff run, and meditate in the wilderness of Bandon, Oregon. "Late in the off-season, (Team V GM) Lebsy, really stoked my fire. His challenge lead me to essentially, a second coming in my hockey career. I am playing without a doubt the best hockey of my entire life, and am hungry for another championship, and Zubaz. I've been lucky enough to have been surrounded by incredible line-mates, and would not be where I am without them. Scoring #50 was a huge monkey off my back and now that I've surpassed #50in15, I am soley focused on playoffs, and a third Team V title."

With the win over Lenox, Visualeyes stays atop of the EMHL Classic division, holding onto a 15-4-1 record with 6 games remaining in the regular season. Matthew Mesi added a hat-trick as well as an assist on Reisweber's 50th in the win.

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Visualeyes faces off against All Black Hockey Sticks on Wednesday, February 11th at 9:20 PM. GREAT SEATS STILL AVAILABLE!